Well we did our day in typical fashion... making memories!!! This is something we are becoming professional at. Mr. Foster has been growing his hair out for over a year now to donate to children who don't have hair. We have been planning on growing his hair 10 inches to donate to Locks of Love but he has been itching to cut it and asks us to measure it often. So last week I was told about an organization that takes 8 inches instead of 10. So I when I told him we could do it sooner than Christmas, (which is what I projected for the next 1 1/2 inches of hair to reach the requirements).
He practically called my girlfriend to make an appt himself. He is officially tired of correcting people who just assume he is a girl because his hair long. He was so excited to donate his hair! So we of course were given a time the morning of our FET. I thought was a great idea... the morning can be normal and we can do something for others and it really did make the day perfect!
He is so handsome and more than anything Proud! He will remember this day on so many levels!
We didn't have that much time before we had to arrive at the dr appt. So we had a celebratory lunch with Mexican food to celebrate these beauiful partly mexican babies that were PLACED in my womb!!My instructions consisted of me using the rest room at 12:15 exactly one hour before the transfer and then to drink a liter of water. The transfer can only take place with an uncomfortably full bladder.
So we left lunch and headed to the dr office we arrived a bit early, but I thought I could drink my water and have fun in the waiting room. I seriously felt such sense of joy walking into that office! I walked in and I said... Whoa! The time has come!!! And then I showed everyone my qdoba cup and said we are celebrating these mexican babies that are alive and thriving and about to get implanted! All the office ladies thought I was crazy, but I did make them laugh... I signed in and then I was taken back immediately and I hadn't gotten all my water down yet... But we had EVEN more paper work to fill out for the crazy FDA junk so we signed all kinds of things, then I had to get under my sheet... Aka strip from the waist down.
Here is my BELLY incredibly FILLED water! I was drinking so much so fast and I thought I was going to explode.
Drinking more water because they checked me on the sono and it wasn't enough yet... Popped a Valume (muscle relaxer) to relax the uterus. Then had to wait for it to fill up.
Here is the sonogram machine right before the transfer.
Here is a sono with an arrow of where the embryos went in... you can't really tell on this photo but it's wild! They came in and said "We have two embryos for James and Alyson Dakin is that you? " we confirmed and then they were placed in me while the nurse forcefully pressed on my bladder to allow the sono wand to show exactly what was happening.Then we got our first Sono of these precious pumpkins! Here they are an hour before transfer! They said that they unthawed wonderfully and they look great! Frost & Snow are doing great!!
We have been BLOWN away with the encouragement we have received through out the day. I was So thankful to get text messages and comments sharing such sweet things to me/us about this incredibly special day! I am thrilled to laying in bed on bed rest from now until 2pm tomorrow. Then I can function like any other day, I just CAN'T lift anything over 10lbs, I CAN'T do any high aerobic activity and some other unmentionables until they clear me! So haha.. like any of that is normal activity. We did it once before with our beautiful ginger IVF Twinks (WHO turn FOUR years OLD in 3 days!)
I have to share this beautiful vision the Lord gave me yesterday. I went to our church for a prenatal prayer time and it was so special and personal. Life was prayed for... and God's blessing was released over these precious babies. In the midst of the prayer time. The Lord showed me this vision that was clear as day and it truly was the first vision I have confidently known the Lord to give me. It was in regards to the Embryos as they were getting unthawed. I saw Angels in heaven standing up and gasping as they grabbed their chest... These angels were in awe that the embryos were unthawed and capable of living again.
This picture will never leave me. It was so clear at how important this decision is to the Lord. He sees this and honors it. He is beginning to knit us together. You know on your birthday when you turn a year older you know you are a year older but you don't actually feel any different than the day before? Well I fully feel that way. I am so incredibly content yet I know something so powerful just happened today. We celebrated it and now within the next two days these babies will hopefully find a great place on the lining of the uterus and grow with the most incredible health.
Thank you for following our journey and continuing to pray with us. We are blessed by support that really does encourage us. Many don't understand our decisions but we like living strange and peculiar for our Lord. This isn't home anyway:)
Beautiful!!!!! Love this!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so wonderful! Praying God's blessings over those two babes and your growing family!
ReplyDelete