Friday, November 30, 2012

9 weeks and counting...

So here is our little jelly bean as of Monday this past week. I am thankful for sonograms, they bring so much joy in the midst of all of this sickness. The baby's heart rate has been strong each time we have seen the jelly bean.

I have been off the radar for the past few weeks because the first trimester cruds have set in full swing. I wake up dripping in sweat. This is an actual first time in pregnancy for me. I have never dealt with body temperature issues in the past, but my goodness I deal with being cold all day long these days then once I go to bed I am an oven. When I wake up to use the girls room, I have to use the sheets to wipe my legs off... there have been a few nights that I am certain I didn't wake up in enough time and I've thought I have had an accident! Its gross! Oh I won't even go into detail how the texture of my sheets are driving my skin crazy! I feel like a looney person! Once I get up each day and get myself showered and ready (relative term these days) (I have sweatpants I rotate each day) I make my way into the kids rooms and get them dressed & get a basic breakfast ready for them... its alternating between cereal and some sort of frozen breakfast item that can be warmed up.

I get Foster started with school and we make our way through most of his lessons but once 10am hits I have to position my body in a horizontal direction, be that on the floor or my couch.. I want to lay down. Now here's the part that has added to my already strong hormonal emotions... I eat all the time. I can't stop. I feel good in the moment and I eat two and three servings of bad things. In six days I put on 5 lbs. I know you may think that's no big deal, but I have a bit of a selfish battle going on internally... I worked so hard to get excess weight off after the last baby. I actually feel like for the first time in my life I changed my lifestyle, I didn't just diet. I lost 31 lbs after baby #5.

So I went into this pregnancy so excited to be healthy and fit. I had huge intentions of eating great and exercising through out the whole thing (unless I carried more than one baby). I have moderately exercised up until the last week... and my ability to make self controlled eating decisions has been a joke! I have really tried to quiet my heart and reach out the the lord for help in the area, I know eating large amounts of sugary items is not helping me, baby or my digestive system! All in all, this past few weeks has been a whirl wind of emotions and physical feelings that I have been sidetracked by. I know its all "just pregnancy" I am adjusting to that reality. I do hope that my doctor will release me to exercise throughout the rest of my pregnancy... I would love to rock crossfit in modified ways once I can keep my body in an upright position.

So that's me... now on to my incredibly understanding children. I am telling you in the midst of the morning snuggles and the afternoon naps, I sense the presence of the Lord holding my hand in the form of 20 some pound human beings. I am amazed at their patience with me. Their grace over this other tiny human being overtaking their mother and they are still thrilled that this life is growing inside of me.

This little girl also known as Lilybit these days turned 18 mths the day before thanksgiving. She doesn't verbally say much yet but she communicates exactly what she wants. she is content with her food related signs. Its fun to watch her observe her world. Isn't she just beautiful?
 Miss Paisley is enjoying school and routines. She would love it if I would let her give up naps, and to be honest I would have if this season were different but I say we can go another few months!
 I nap every day with miss Betsy Jean Harper... she climbs in my bed and snuggles right into the crook of my neck and then peacefully breathes herself to sleep. It's perfection.

 Mr. Charlie is something! Now he & his twin sister both really began talking in full sentences only a little over a year ago. August/September of last year his and Paisley's language came in after 15 months of speech therapy. So its funny to hear him say things that come out in a tone that is disrespectful because when you look at his face he really doesn't mean what he sounds like. But we are having a heck of a time getting him to understand how to change that! 


 Mr Foster is growing so much in the Lord, I love what God is doing in his life. When I was pregnant with him, I was prayed over and the woman praying said I was carrying a teacher prophet and that they Lord would show him things that we are ourselves did not teach him. 

Its pretty incredible to see our 6 year old work out his own beliefs at this age. We will love each stage, the certainty, the questioning, the potential doubt, the transformation, the call... we will love them all. 
We are heading to Florida for the holidays, (two weeks from today!) I am thrilled to get the chance to get away, it will be the first time in 6 years that we will spend the Christmas holiday with my family. We alternate between our families so on the even years we are to spend it with my family but my mom is out running from the cold and traveling the opposite direction as us every year! So this year is the first year we have the time to go, so we are doing it! I can't wait to surprise the kids with our adventures once we get down there! I hope your holidays are going well, and that you get the chance to slow down and enjoy this time.

Oh my goodness one last thing, I mentioned something on Facebook about a week ago about meals and I can't tell you how awesome it has been to receive a few meals this week! I don't think there is a better way to bless our family! I hate cooking when I feel good so add my physical state to that equation and I am telling grill cheese is gourmet. So if you read this and you have blessed us with a meal, I am seriously telling you... You have blessed my heart DEEPLY!!! Thank you! God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment