We were scheduled for 11am this morning. Yesterday afternoon they called to confirm that appt. and the receptionist who I have just bonded with said... you know I have a big open slot earlier in the morning... would like to come in at 9am?
I said "well of course!" So I woke up at 6:50 this morning got in the shower turned on some worship and bathed my heart in prayer. I seriously felt like I was breathing in joy. I was so excited! We had to take our twins to pre-school by 8:30 this morning so I got up early to enjoy the alone time. But as usual when we need to mobilize the troops with decent appearances and full bellies its like the clock monsters come and suck minutes out of our hours...
We climbed in the van with bags of cereal and we were off! After we dropped the kids off I began to feel jittery... and when we were moments from the hospital I felt like we literally drove through a cloud of nervous butterflies!
We had a friend meet us at the office to take Willow on an adventure and we took Foster and Betsy into the office. I was excited and nervous, I mean talk about a life changing appt!
So we got there and we sat for less than two minutes before we were taken back to the room... I was prepping the kids to just watch and ask questions after the doctor left.
The doctor started immediately searching around my uterus not really holding still on any specific area and that's when he said "I am looking around to see if two implanted because that is what I am anticipating... but I only see one baby".
He stopped and focused on this precious little baby and listened to its heart beat. The heart beat was so strong! From the very moment he said "I only see one" I felt so much peace and my heart was rejoicing over one. He did another search and fully determined one life implanted. He told us to come back in a few weeks but we asked if I could be released to start seeing my obgyn. So I call tomorrow and will schedule the appt for a week or two from now.
I need to reassure you friends and family how incredibly happy we are and thankful we are with this outcome. I would be saying this regardless of the outcome because of our heart involvement since the moment we started this journey I can say we have had open hearts to the Lord's plan.
We were committed to give as many of the 3 embryos a chance at life as possible (that is how many the adoptive family had to adopt out). Medical professionals would only put two embryos in my womb. We were committed to giving those two a chance. We were also in a position to let the Lord have his way. He has written this story long before we knew this story existed. I have felt like a spectator in some aspects. What are the Lord, these embryos, and my womb gonna do? I was content with any outcome.
I had a flood of confirmations in my heart as to how the Lord will use this story. The biggest was how it would effect you, the friends and family that read this and the strangers that get told about our story and the random people that stumbled upon our story by God's grace. You are who I thought of... We did not walk through this journey for our own self gain. God burned a conviction of life on our hearts. This is not just for us but for others to see a door that has been unseen for years now opened. Frozen embryos sit waiting to be adopted. No matter where I go, when I share the story, nobody has ever heard of something like this. God wants the hundreds of thousands of healthy lives to be adopted and rescued from being frozen. Twins would have been awesome but not because of the fairy tale euphoric idea that two babies brings... but because both would have be given a chance to learn about Jesus here on earth. Yet the other life is already getting that chance. So its a win win. I am carrying one child and we are beyond thrilled about it. This outcome helps others not be turned away because of fear of multiples... (Multiples babies are NOT for the faint of heart!)
We have had twins before and I seriously LOVED it! They are amazing and we were 100% committed to having them again. But the exciting thing about bringing one life into the world at time is that one life joins your world, two lives stops your world... I mean you eventually get adjusted! Either way it would have been great but our story is unfolding at this time as a family with 6 children thus far.
One life is with Jesus. One life is with us.
Thank you for your prayers and support! We will continue to document our happenings on here but now that we are having a normal pregnancy I will probably post a more complete picture of our family instead of this single story we've been a part of to this point. I will post about all of it! The best is yet to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment